Kiev has a good selection of car rental agencies. All the big international names have a presence here (Avis, Budget, Hertz, Europcar, and Sixt).
Minimum age and license requirements vary by company.
- Vehicles drive on the right-hand side of the road. UK residents forgetting this crucial fact could have a shorter holiday than anticipated.
- The speed limit in Kiev and other Ukrainian towns and cities is 60 km/h (20 km/h for residential areas).
- Bumpy roads and potholes are common.
- Seat belts are mandatory.
- It is an offence to drive after consuming any alcohol.
- Ukrainian drivers commonly use the sidewalk as an extra lane.