The Palace of Sports is a large indoor arena in Kiev city centre. It was built in 1960 to hold sports events but now also hosts concerts, exhibitions, and trade fairs.
It was the venue for the 2005 Eurovision Song Contest final.
Tourist attractions and things to do near Palace of Sports include:
- Gulliver Bowling (0.0 miles) - Tenpin bowling centre at the Gulliver shopping mall.
- Olympic Stadium (0.3 miles) - The biggest stadium in Ukraine. Hosts football matches of the Ukrainian national team and Dynamo Kiev, plus concerts, and other events.
- Pinchuk Art Centre (0.3 miles) - Contemporary art gallery in the city centre.
- Besarabsky Market (0.4 miles) - Colourful indoor market
- Gorodetsky House, Kiev – House with Chimeras (0.6 miles) - Unusual Art Nouveau house
- Khreshchatyk (0.6 miles) - Kiev’s most famous and well-trodden street
- National Opera of Ukraine (0.8 miles) - National theatre offering a wide repertoire.
- St Volodymyr’s Cathedral (0.8 miles) - Neo-Byzantine cathedral with striking yellow exterior
- Independence Square (0.9 miles) - The focal point of Ukraine’s Orange Revolution
- Golden Gate (0.9 miles) - Ancient fortification
- Kiev University – Fomin Botanical Gardens (0.9 miles) - Botanical gardens owned by Kiev University
Restaurants and places to eat and drink near Palace of Sports include:
- Beef (0.1 miles) - Upmarket steakhouse in the city centre. Quite expensive but offers a reasonably priced business lunch. Situated near the Gulliver shopping mall. Closest Metro is Palats Sportu.
- Alchemist Bar (0.2 miles) - Lively city centre basement bar. Live music and DJs.
- Khinkali (0.2 miles) - Authentic Georgian cuisine. Traditional interior and reasonable prices. Near Arena City and the Gulliver shopping mall.
- Pervak (0.2 miles) - Offers traditional Ukrainian cuisine. Interesting interior. Located in the centre, close to Arena City.
- Paravoz Speak Easy (0.3 miles) - Intimate cocktail bar. Located in the basement of the Kiev Cinema, close to Ploshcha Lva Tolstoho Metro Station.
- Under Wonder (0.3 miles) - Intimate restaurant in the city centre. Great service and beautiful interior. Open 24 hours.
- The Burger (0.3 miles) - Offers a good selection of gourmet burgers. Impeccable service. Very reasonably priced given its location at Arena City.
- Barvy (0.3 miles) - Contemporary Ukrainian restaurant with modern interior. Great cocktails. Close to Gulliver shopping mall.
- Italian Edition (0.3 miles) - Beautiful Italian restaurant with amazing high ceilings and wood panel walls. Great staff.
- Mama Manana (0.3 miles) - Traditional Georgian restaurant in the city centre. It is extremely popular so booking is essential.
- Zhizn Zamechatelnykh Lyudeyn (Life of Wonderful People) (0.3 miles) - Bar/restaurant with amazing interior. Check out the height of the ceiling. Staff use a ladder to reach the highest bottles on the shelf. Highly recommended.
- Loona Restaurant and Karaoke (0.3 miles) - Upmarket Asian restaurant and karaoke bar at Arena city. Attractive crowd. Parties most evenings.
- Puzata Hata - Baseina Street (0.3 miles) - Budget restaurant offering Ukrainian cuisine at bargain prices. Self-service. This branch is located close to Besarabsky Market.
- Imbir (0.4 miles) - Indian vegetarian restaurant. Comfortable interior with plenty of books to read. Situated close to the Olympic Stadium.
- Bao (0.5 miles) - Upmarket contemporary Chinese restaurant. Very stylish. Good service.
- Barman Dictat (0.5 miles) - Excellent bar on Khreshchatyk. Beautiful interior with huge sold wood bar. Shelves behind the bar house thousands of different drinks from all over the world. Staff need ladders to reach some of them. Live music most evenings. Smoking room. Difficult to find. Go into the courtyard at 44 Khreshchatyk and head to the building on the left. The bar is behind an unmarked doorway. Go down the stairs after entering.
- O'Panas (0.5 miles) - Tradtional Ukrainian restaurant in Taras Shevchenko Park. Fantastic wooden interior.
- Musafir (0.5 miles) - Crimean restaurant near Lesya Ukrainka Theatre and Teatralna Metro Station. Cosy. Great reputation.
- Shoti (0.6 miles) - Contemporary Georgian restaurant. Located in the same building as the Coyote Ugly bar.
- Khinkalnya Gogi (0.6 miles) - Offers reasonably priced Georgian cuisine. Friendly service. Situated near Taras Shevchenko Park and the Fomin Botanical Gardens.
- Gorchitsa Cafe (0.6 miles) - Upmarket French restaurant in the Government quarter (Lypky). Well-presented food. Beautiful, classical interior.
- Musafir (0.6 miles) - Crimean restaurant relocated to Kiev after the Russian takeover in 2014. Traditional interior. Menu offers traditional Crimean Tatar cuisine.
- Korchma Taras Bulba (0.8 miles) - Family-friendly Ukrainian restaurant. Traditional interior. Offers a huge selection of inexpensive varenyky (dumplings). Just a short walk from Khreshchatyk.
- Shato Robert Doms (0.8 miles) - Pub with its own brewery. Enjoys a great location on Khreshchatyk, just across the road from Khreshchatyk Metro Station. Outdoor terrace, open in the summer, is great for watching the world go by.
- Mama Gochi (0.8 miles) - Georgian restaurant close to Independence Square. Summer terrace.
- Tolstiy and Tonkiy (0.8 miles) - Upmarket steakhouse. Impeccable service. Near the Golden Gate. Expensive by Kiev standards.
- Avalon (0.8 miles) - Popular, multi-level entertainment complex. Includes a restaurant, bar, and nightclub. Highly recommended. Attracts a beautiful crowd.
- 11 Mirrors Rooftop Restaurant and Bar (0.9 miles) - Rooftop restaurant at one of the city’s best hotels. Offers great panoramic views of the city. Close to the National Opera of Ukraine.
- Osteria Pantagruel (0.9 miles) - Legendary Italian restaurant. Traditional homely interior. Good service. Terrace open in the summer. Located right next to the Golden Gate.
- True Burger Bar (0.9 miles) - Cosy gourmet burger restaurant. Close to the National Opera of Ukraine and St Volodymyr’s Cathedral.
- Mr Grill Hotdogs and Burgers (0.9 miles) - Modern burger and hotdog restaurant on Kiev’s main street. Amazing interior. Great service. Outdoor seating in the summer months.
- Lyubimy Dyadya (0.9 miles) - Offers an eclectic menu of contemporary, international dishes. Fantastic interior and good atmosphere. The name means ‘Favourite Uncle’.
- Last Barricade (1 miles) - Restaurant themed around modern Ukrainian revolutions. Interesting interior and lively entertainment. The restaurant is hidden and difficult to find. Entrance is an unmarked door in a corridor at the upper end of the entrance to the Globus shopping centre on Independence Square, near the Billa supermarket.
- Tres Francais (1 miles) - Cosy French bistro. Enjoys a great central location, just a short walk from Independence Square.
Hotels near Palace of Sports include:
- Premier Hotel Rus (0.1 miles)
- Aloft Kiev (0.1 miles)
- Heart Kiev Apart-Hotel (0.2 miles)
- Royal Olympic Hotel (0.2 miles)
- President Hotel (0.2 miles)
- Arena Summit Apart Hotel (0.3 miles)
- Royal De Paris Hotel (0.3 miles)
- Idea Design Apart-Hotel (0.3 miles)
- Park Inn by Radisson Kyiv Troyitska (0.4 miles)
- Premier Palace Hotel (0.4 miles)
- Evropeyskiy (0.5 miles)
- Greguar Hotel (0.6 miles)
- Fire Inn (0.7 miles)
- Summit Apart Hotel (0.7 miles)
- Mini-Hotel Kievskiy (0.7 miles)
- Natsionalny Hotel (0.8 miles)
- Ukraine Hotel (0.8 miles)
- Best Season Apart Hotel (0.8 miles)
- 11 Mirrors Design Hotel (0.9 miles)
- Hotel Asteri (0.9 miles)
- Royal Grand Hotel (0.9 miles)
- Hotel Kyiv (0.9 miles)
- Khreschatyk City Center Hotel (1 miles)
- 7 Sky on Shchorsa Street (1 miles)
- Sunday Apart Hotel (1 miles)
- Kozatskiy Hotel (1 miles)
- Tiso Hotel (1 miles)
- Diplomat ApartHotel (1 miles)
Nearby Metro Stations
Metro Stations near Palace of Sports include:
- Palats Sportu Metro Station (0.1 miles) - Underground station next to the Palace of Sports
- Ploshcha Lva Tolstoho Metro Station (0.3 miles) - Underground station in the city centre named after Leo Tolstoy
- Klovska Metro Station (0.4 miles) - Metro station on the Green Line
- Olimpiiska Metro Station (0.5 miles) - Underground station near the Olympic Stadium
- Teatralna Metro Station (0.6 miles) - Station on Bohdana Khmelnytskoho Street
- Khreshchatyk Metro Station (0.7 miles) - City centre station on Kiev's main street.
- Zoloti Vorota Metro Station (0.9 miles) - Next to the Golden Gates
- Universytet Metro Station (0.9 miles) - Metro station on the Red Line.
- Maidan Nezalezhnosti Metro Station (0.9 miles) - Underground station at Independence Square
- Pecherska Metro Station (1.0 miles) - Station in Pechersk
Map showing location of Palace of Sports.
Click here for a detailed map showing all points of interest.
Palace of Sports