It takes its name from the adjacent Golden Gate (Zoloti Vorota), a replica of the 11th century fortified entrance to the city.
Tourist attractions and things to do near Zoloti Vorota Metro Station include:
- Golden Gate (0.0 miles) - Ancient fortification
- National Opera of Ukraine (0.1 miles) - National theatre offering a wide repertoire.
- St Volodymyr’s Cathedral (0.3 miles) - Neo-Byzantine cathedral with striking yellow exterior
- St Sophia’s Cathedral (0.3 miles) - One of Kiev’s most impressive landmarks
- Khreshchatyk (0.4 miles) - Kiev’s most famous and well-trodden street
Restaurants near Zoloti Vorota Metro Station include.
- Osteria Pantagruel (0 miles) - Legendary Italian restaurant. Traditional homely interior. Good service. Terrace open in the summer. Located right next to the Golden Gate.
- Tolstiy and Tonkiy (0.2 miles) - Upmarket steakhouse. Impeccable service. Near the Golden Gate. Expensive by Kiev standards.
- 11 Mirrors Rooftop Restaurant and Bar (0.2 miles) - Rooftop restaurant at one of the city’s best hotels. Offers great panoramic views of the city. Close to the National Opera of Ukraine.
- Avalon (0.2 miles) - Popular, multi-level entertainment complex. Includes a restaurant, bar, and nightclub. Highly recommended. Attracts a beautiful crowd.
- Korchma Taras Bulba (0.2 miles) - Family-friendly Ukrainian restaurant. Traditional interior. Offers a huge selection of inexpensive varenyky (dumplings). Just a short walk from Khreshchatyk.
- True Burger Bar (0.2 miles) - Cosy gourmet burger restaurant. Close to the National Opera of Ukraine and St Volodymyr’s Cathedral.
- Whisky Corner (0.3 miles) - Upmarket whisky-themed restaurant. Offers a huge selection of whiskies. Very professional service. Located between Independence Square and St Sophia’s Cathedral.
- Musafir (0.4 miles) - Crimean restaurant near Lesya Ukrainka Theatre and Teatralna Metro Station. Cosy. Great reputation.
- Shato Robert Doms (0.4 miles) - Pub with its own brewery. Enjoys a great location on Khreshchatyk, just across the road from Khreshchatyk Metro Station. Outdoor terrace, open in the summer, is great for watching the world go by.
- Chang Bistronomia (0.4 miles) - Contemporary Vietnamese restaurant. Friendly staff. Modern décor. Near St Sophia’s Cathedral.
- O'Panas (0.4 miles) - Tradtional Ukrainian restaurant in Taras Shevchenko Park. Fantastic wooden interior.
- Barman Dictat (0.4 miles) - Excellent bar on Khreshchatyk. Beautiful interior with huge sold wood bar. Shelves behind the bar house thousands of different drinks from all over the world. Staff need ladders to reach some of them. Live music most evenings. Smoking room. Difficult to find. Go into the courtyard at 44 Khreshchatyk and head to the building on the left. The bar is behind an unmarked doorway. Go down the stairs after entering.
- Last Barricade (0.4 miles) - Restaurant themed around modern Ukrainian revolutions. Interesting interior and lively entertainment. The restaurant is hidden and difficult to find. Entrance is an unmarked door in a corridor at the upper end of the entrance to the Globus shopping centre on Independence Square, near the Billa supermarket.
- Spotykach (0.5 miles) - Contemporary Ukrainian cuisine. Unique atmosphere and great service. Located near St Sophia’s Cathedral.
- Tres Francais (0.5 miles) - Cosy French bistro. Enjoys a great central location, just a short walk from Independence Square.
- Kosatka (0.5 miles) - Cafe/bar close to St Sophia’s Cathedral. Attracts a youthful crowd.
Hotels near Zoloti Vorota Metro Station include:
- Best Season Apart Hotel (0.1 miles)
- Mini-Hotel Kievskiy (0.1 miles)
- Sunday Apart Hotel (0.1 miles)
- 11 Mirrors Design Hotel (0.2 miles)
- Royal Grand Hotel (0.2 miles)
- Bontiak Hotel (0.3 miles)
- Summit Apart Hotel (0.3 miles)
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Kyiv City Centre (0.3 miles)
- CITYHOTEL (0.3 miles)
- Kozatskiy Hotel (0.4 miles)
- Premier Palace Hotel (0.5 miles)
- KievInn (0.5 miles)
- Golden Gate Inn (0.5 miles)
Map showing location of Zoloti Vorota Metro Station.
Click here for a detailed map showing all points of interest.
Zoloti Vorota Metro Station
Zoloti Vorota Metro Station