It takes its name from the adjacent Golden Gate (Zoloti Vorota), a replica of the 11th century fortified entrance to the city.
Tourist attractions and things to do near Zoloti Vorota Metro Station include:
- Golden Gate (0.0 miles) - Ancient fortification
- National Opera of Ukraine (0.1 miles) - National theatre offering a wide repertoire.
- St Volodymyr’s Cathedral (0.3 miles) - Neo-Byzantine cathedral with striking yellow exterior
- St Sophia’s Cathedral (0.3 miles) - One of Kiev’s most impressive landmarks
- Khreshchatyk (0.4 miles) - Kiev’s most famous and well-trodden street
Restaurants near Zoloti Vorota Metro Station include.
- Mafia - Bohdana Khmelnytskoho Street (0.2 miles) - Restaurant offering Italian dishes and sushi. Open till the early hours. Bargain prices. Near the National Opera of Ukraine.
- Avalon (0.2 miles) - Popular, multi-level entertainment complex. Includes a restaurant, bar, and nightclub. Highly recommended. Attracts a beautiful crowd.
- Taras Bulba (0.2 miles) - Family-friendly Ukrainian restaurant. Traditional interior. Offers a huge selection of inexpensive varenyky (dumplings). Just a short walk from Khreshchatyk.
- True Burger Bar (0.2 miles) - Cosy gourmet burger restaurant. Close to the National Opera of Ukraine and St Volodymyr’s Cathedral.
- Whisky Corner (0.3 miles) - Upmarket whisky-themed restaurant. Offers a huge selection of whiskies. Very professional service. Located between Independence Square and St Sophia’s Cathedral.
- Shato Robert Doms (0.4 miles) - Pub with its own brewery. Enjoys a great location on Khreshchatyk, just across the road from Khreshchatyk Metro Station. Outdoor terrace, open in the summer, is great for watching the world go by.
- O'Panas (0.4 miles) - Tradtional Ukrainian restaurant in Taras Shevchenko Park. Fantastic wooden interior.
- Barman Dictat (0.4 miles) - Excellent bar on Khreshchatyk. Beautiful interior with huge sold wood bar. Shelves behind the bar house thousands of different drinks from all over the world. Staff need ladders to reach some of them. Live music most evenings. Smoking room. Difficult to find. Go into the courtyard at 44 Khreshchatyk and head to the building on the left. The bar is behind an unmarked doorway. Go down the stairs after entering.
- Last Barricade (0.4 miles) - Restaurant themed around modern Ukrainian revolutions. Interesting interior and lively entertainment. The restaurant is hidden and difficult to find. Entrance is an unmarked door in a corridor at the upper end of the entrance to the Globus shopping centre on Independence Square, near the Billa supermarket.
- Smorrebrod (0.5 miles) - Cafe offering Danish comfort food. Located in the city centre, just off Khreshchatyk and close to Independence Square.
- Spotykach (0.5 miles) - Contemporary Ukrainian cuisine. Unique atmosphere and great service. Located near St Sophia’s Cathedral.
- Tres Francais (0.5 miles) - Cosy French bistro. Enjoys a great central location, just a short walk from Independence Square.
Hotels near Zoloti Vorota Metro Station include:
- Sunday Apart Hotel (0.1 miles)
- Bontiak Hotel (0.3 miles)
- Senator Apartments Maidan (0.3 miles)
- CityHotel (0.3 miles)
- Senator Apartments City Center (0.4 miles)
- Hyatt Regency Kiev (0.4 miles)
- Olga Apartments on Maidan Nezalezhnosti Square (0.4 miles)
- Kiev Accommodation Apartments (0.4 miles)
- Hilton Kyiv Kiev (0.4 miles)
- Premier Palace Hotel (0.5 miles)
- Kiev Inn Apartments (0.5 miles)
Map showing location of Zoloti Vorota Metro Station.
Click here for a detailed map showing all points of interest.
Zoloti Vorota Metro Station
Zoloti Vorota Metro Station