Universytet is one of the most beautiful stations in the city and is right next to the Fomin Botanical Gardens. St Volodymyr’s Cathedral is just across the road.
Tourist attractions and things to do near Universytet Metro Station include:
- Kiev University – Fomin Botanical Gardens (0.1 miles) - Botanical gardens owned by Kiev University
- St Volodymyr’s Cathedral (0.1 miles) - Neo-Byzantine cathedral with striking yellow exterior
- National Opera of Ukraine (0.3 miles) - National theatre offering a wide repertoire.
- Golden Gate (0.5 miles) - Ancient fortification
Restaurants near Universytet Metro Station include.
- Restaurant Chachapuri (0.2 miles) - Cosy Georgian restaurant. Close to the Hilton Kyiv and St Volodymyr's Cathedral. Universytet Metro Station is just across the road.
- True Burger Bar (0.2 miles) - Cosy gourmet burger restaurant. Close to the National Opera of Ukraine and St Volodymyr’s Cathedral.
- Avalon (0.2 miles) - Popular, multi-level entertainment complex. Includes a restaurant, bar, and nightclub. Highly recommended. Attracts a beautiful crowd.
- Mafia - Bohdana Khmelnytskoho Street (0.2 miles) - Restaurant offering Italian dishes and sushi. Open till the early hours. Bargain prices. Near the National Opera of Ukraine.
- Khinkalnya Gogi (0.3 miles) - Offers reasonably priced Georgian cuisine. Friendly service. Situated near Taras Shevchenko Park and the Fomin Botanical Gardens.
- O'Panas (0.4 miles) - Tradtional Ukrainian restaurant in Taras Shevchenko Park. Fantastic wooden interior.
- Lyubimy Dyadya (0.5 miles) - Offers an eclectic menu of contemporary, international dishes. Fantastic interior and good atmosphere. The name means ‘Favourite Uncle’.
Hotels near Universytet Metro Station include:
- Hilton Kyiv Kiev (0.1 miles)
- Senator Apartments City Center (0.1 miles)
- CityHotel (0.2 miles)
- Express (0.3 miles)
- Ibis Kiev City Center (0.3 miles)
- Opera Hotel Kiev (0.4 miles)
- Stan Gret Hotel (0.5 miles)
Map showing location of Universytet Metro Station.
Click here for a detailed map showing all points of interest.
Universytet Metro Station
Tarasa Shevchenko Boulevard