Khreshchatyk Metro Station is situated on Kiev’s main street and is one of Metro’s busiest stations.
The station is near many of the city’s major attractions, hotels, bars and restaurants. Independence Square, the Globus shopping centre, and the Arena entertainment complex are all within easy walking distance.
There’s a large McDonald’s restaurant right next to the main entrance. On summer evenings breakdancers gather outside the station and entertain the crowds.
Tourist attractions and things to do near Khreshchatyk Metro Station include:
- Khreshchatyk (0.1 miles) - Kiev’s most famous and well-trodden street
- Independence Square (0.2 miles) - The focal point of Ukraine’s Orange Revolution
Restaurants near Khreshchatyk Metro Station include.
- Shato Robert Doms (0.1 miles) - Pub with its own brewery. Enjoys a great location on Khreshchatyk, just across the road from Khreshchatyk Metro Station. Outdoor terrace, open in the summer, is great for watching the world go by.
- Mama Gochi (0.1 miles) - Georgian restaurant close to Independence Square. Summer terrace.
- Korchma Taras Bulba (0.2 miles) - Family-friendly Ukrainian restaurant. Traditional interior. Offers a huge selection of inexpensive varenyky (dumplings). Just a short walk from Khreshchatyk.
- Musafir (0.2 miles) - Crimean restaurant near Lesya Ukrainka Theatre and Teatralna Metro Station. Cosy. Great reputation.
Hotels near Khreshchatyk Metro Station include:
- Summit Apart Hotel (0.2 miles)
- Ukraine Hotel (0.2 miles)
Map showing location of Khreshchatyk Metro Station.
Click here for a detailed map showing all points of interest.
Khreshchatyk Metro Station