The currency used in Ukraine is the Ukrainian hryvnia. The sign used to denote it is ₴ and its ISO code is UAH.
The table below shows the latest UAH exchange rates with major currencies such as the euro (EUR), British pound (GBP), and US dollar (USD).
Exchange rates are also shown for the currencies of those countries whose citizens visit Ukraine most frequently; neighbouring and former Soviet countries such as Russia, Moldova, Belarus, Poland, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia etc.
Rates are updated online every hour.
The UAH exchange rates below were last updated on Saturday 3rd of June 2023 at 4:26 pm GMT.
- Armenia – 1 AMD (Armenian dram) = 0.096 UAH (Ukrainian hryvnia)
- Australia – 1 AUD (Australian dollar) = 24.543 UAH (Ukrainian hryvnia)
- Azerbaijan – 1 AZN (Azerbaijani manat) = 21.808 UAH (Ukrainian hryvnia)
- Canada – 1 CAD (Canadian dollar) = 27.612 UAH (Ukrainian hryvnia)
- China – 1 CNY (Chinese yuan) = 5.233 UAH (Ukrainian hryvnia)
- Eurozone – 1 EUR (euro) = 39.719 UAH (Ukrainian hryvnia)
- Hong Kong – 1 HKD (Hong Kong dollar) = 4.73 UAH (Ukrainian hryvnia)
- Hungary – 1 HUF (Hungarian forint) = 0.107 UAH (Ukrainian hryvnia)
- India – 1 INR (Indian rupee) = 0.45 UAH (Ukrainian hryvnia)
- Israel – 1 ILS (Israeli sheqel) = 9.885 UAH (Ukrainian hryvnia)
- Japan – 1 JPY (Japanese yen = 0.265 UAH (Ukrainian hryvnia)
- Kazakhstan – 1 KZT (Kazakhstani tenge) = 0.083 UAH (Ukrainian hryvnia)
- Moldova – 1 MDL (Moldovan leu) = 2.081 UAH (Ukrainian hryvnia)
- Norway – 1 NOK (Norwegian krone) = 3.363 UAH (Ukrainian hryvnia)
- Poland – 1 PLN (Polish zloty) = 8.842 UAH (Ukrainian hryvnia)
- Romania – 1 RON (Romanian leu) = 7.996 UAH (Ukrainian hryvnia)
- Russia – 1 RUB (Russian ruble) = 0.459 UAH (Ukrainian hryvnia)
- Sweden – 1 SEK (Swedish krona) = 3.432 UAH (Ukrainian hryvnia)
- Switzerland – 1 CHF (Swiss franc) = 40.783 UAH (Ukrainian hryvnia)
- UK – 1 GBP (British pound) = 46.159 UAH (Ukrainian hryvnia)
- USA – 1 USD (US dollar) = 37.074 UAH (Ukrainian hryvnia)
- Uzbekistan – 1 UZS (Uzbekistani som) = 0.0032 UAH (Ukrainian hryvnia)
It’s fairly difficult, if not impossible, to buy or sell Ukrainian currency outside of Ukraine/Eastern Europe. We advise waiting until you arrive in Ukraine before changing money. You’ll have no problems whatsoever. There are currency exchanges on virtually every major street in Ukraine. Euros, dollars, sterling, and many other currencies are readily accepted. However, worn or tattered notes are usually rejected.
Spend or exchange any Ukrainian currency before you leave the country unless you require it for a subsequent visit.
Comments and Additional Information
Hi im from india and I came yesterday in Ukraine danipro city and I have some india currency so I need to change as Ukrainian money so please help me where I can change indian currency to Ukrainian money.
Thanks in advance ?
hi.I want to know the ratio of the Ukrainian currency to the Russian currency and also to the US dollar. thank you zarif.
Also, not only worn or tattered notes are rejected, but also old dollars too. Make sure that the currency you’d like to exchange is new and crisp.
Should I visit Ukraine with, Nigerian money?.
Come meet me in Ukraine, I’m from USA will be there in first of August 2020
Can Americans that decide to live in Odessa have their pensions and social security payments deposited to a bank there?
Can i change BDT to hryvnya
Where can I exchange Hungarian forint in Kyiv on a Saturday?