Maidan Nezalezhnosti Metro Station is a major Metro station in Kiev city centre. It’s on the Blue Line and is named after nearby Independence Square (Maidan Nezalezhnosti). The station located towards the northern end of Khreschatyk and is linked by an underground walkway to Khreschatyk Metro Station (Red Line).
Places to stay near the station include the Khreschatyk Hotel, Hotel Ukraine, Dnipro, Hyatt Regency, and InterContinental. The area is also packed with bars and restaurants such as the Buddha Bar, Sunduk, O’Brien’s, and the Vodka Bar.
Other places of interest near the station include the Central Post Office, Kiev Philharmonic concert hall, the Dynamo Stadium (ground of FC Dynamo Kiev), and the Globus shopping centre (underneath Independence Square).
- Dnipro Hotel - Close to Independence Square and many other attractions.
- Hyatt Regency Kiev - Great location close to St Sophia's Cathedral.
- InterContinental Kiev - 5 star city centre hotel.
- Khreschatyk Hotel - Offers 100 rooms in a great location.
Nearby Tourist Attractions
- Independence Square - The focal point of Ukraine’s Orange Revolution.
- Khreschatyk - Kiev’s most famous and well-trodden street.
- Khreschatyk Park - Attractive park at the end of Kiev's main street.
- Mariyinsky Park - Charming city centre park.
- St Michael’s Golden-Domed Monastery - Monastery with sky blue cathedral and magnificent bell tower.
Nearby Restaurants and Bars